The Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation is currently looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to fulfill the Housing Coordinator full-time position until March 31, 2023 (potential for extension into 2022-2023).
- Work with Portfolio holder to ensure on-going effective housing operations including managing all projects including new builds, renovations, and recommendations.
- Liaise with Housing Committee and work within NAN Housing Policy.
- Identify and prioritize units that require repairs & maintenance.
- Communicate with suppliers, contractors, housing applicants, and leadership.
- Provide input into proposal development and networking to ensure maximum coordination of regional, federal, and provincial funding programs. Completion of reports, and working with our tribal council and other technical services organizations.
- Provide input and assist in informing and educating community of Housing Policy, home maintenance, and issues.
- Reports directly to the Band Manager including Housing Committee.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of GED or High School Diploma and or previous work and building experience in related field including Human Resource, Project Management, and Financial Fluency skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A team player and able to work independently.
- Proficient in computer programs (Office, Microsoft, Excel).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to transportation.