ALL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES REQUIRE PROOF OF TWO COVID-19 VACCINATIONS!
Summary of Duties
- Receive/review participant files, employment goals and related information;
- Provide one to one support to participants with preparing for interviews and completing job applications ;
- Identify suitable job opportunities in the local labour market;
- Match participant to job opportunities and support transition to workplace;
- Monitor participants’ performance at work through communication with the employer and participant;
- Identify need for workplace supports and develop support solutions and service plans;
- Implement service solutions to meet participant needs, including coaching at place of employment as needed. Document workplace activities objectively;
- Assist employers to implement natural supports and to provide ongoing supervision and training of the participant
- Employer relations: receive employer feedback regarding participant’s performance and KCA ODSP Employment Support Services;
- Additional duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in Employment Counselling, Career Development or in a related field such as Social Services or Human Resource Development and/or 3-5 years of related experience;
- Detailed knowledge of Ontario Works Social Assistance Program, Ontario Disability Supports Program and knowledge of other relevant government programs;\
- Knowledge of first Nations/Kenora job marketed and First Nations/Kenora employers;
- Experience teaching or coaching youth and adults;
- Excellent communication skills and proficient with computers;
- Sensitive to needs of employers and referral sources;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Good organizational skills.
The closing date is Friday October 1st, 2021 @ 4:30pm.
Ways to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
Apply Online For This Job
Lastly - you can also send an email directly to:
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé, and the contact details of your references to the following address:
Human Resource Department
Kenora Chiefs Advisory
P.O. Box 349
240 Veterans Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3X4
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.467.2656.