Contract Position to March 31, 2022 with Possible Extension. Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation is inviting applications for the position of Community Consultant. The successful applicant will provide policy analysis, data collection, facilitation and research related to the creation of our child care law. Successful applicant will have an understanding of Abinoojii Inakonigewin and Bill C-92, An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Metis children, youth and families.
- Knowledge of the Anishinaabe culture and language and experience working in First Nation Communities, ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is a definite asset.
- Understanding of Non-Anishinaabe child welfare system
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and Regulations, Part X Customary Code
- Understanding of Ontario Child Protection Standards
- Knowledge of Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation community government structure and community dynamics that will support in the development of own child care law.
- Conduct in-depth research, data collection, policy analysis
- Assist in maintaining partnerships with government ministries, First Nation community and organizations to ensure effective communication flow and dialogue between all parties.
- Actively participate and collaborate in working groups and task teams and provide policy implementation for own child care law and recommendations.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or Community College Diploma, however, others with combination of education with extensive knowledge and proven skills may apply.
- Experience in leading engagement sessions and delivering presentations
- Ability to work with all partners and colleagues in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Current satisfactory criminal reference check with vulnerable sector check