Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation is currently looking a supervisor for the Afterschool Program during the 2021-2022 school year.
Develop and implement a program for children and youth.
- Provide a monthly schedule of activities and nutritional snacks to meet Canada Food Guide.
- Develop culturally appropriate activities, including maths and literacy concepts.
- Provide accurate monthly progress reports and maintain statistical data.
Supervise children and youth in the Afterschool Program
- To ensure children and youth are supervised at all times and maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Build children and youth self-esteem through positive experiences and activities including songs, games, and storytelling.
Maintain Program Administration
- Develop and maintain accurate and confidential client files.
- Develop daily activity plans.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent supervisory skills and stress management skills.
- Must demonstrate fairness and be able to build esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment.
- Must be able to show compassion and understanding while performing duties.
- Education and/or training in working with children and youth, including First Aid and CPR.
Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references by September 3, 2021 at 4:00pm.