ALL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES REQUIRE PROOF OF TWO COVID-19 VACCINATIONS!
Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation is currently looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to fulfill the position of Mental Health Worker.
- Develop and prepare correspondence congruent to Indigenous Healing and Wellness goals, objectives, and services.
- Complete client assessments & home visits.
- Provide support and non-judgmental counseling to all clients and families.
- Participate in case conferences with clients, families, other caregivers and organizations
- Develop client service plans, supportive activities, and aftercare plans in a manner that respects their beliefs.
- Provide transportation for clients as necessary.
- Networking and Referrals to both Traditional and Western helpers.
- Plan and Implement community-based workshops, support groups, recreational activities and educational sessions
- Provide accurate monthly statistical reports.
- Report directly to Band Manager and or the Health Director
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to speak, understand Anishinaabe language, culture and traditions a definite asset
- Good working knowledge and applied skills with various computer applications.
- Education, training, and or related work experience in Mental Health field.
- Valid driver’s license and Drivers Abstract
- Updated Vulnerable Sector check
Ways to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
Apply Online For This Job
Lastly - you can also send an email directly to:
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé, and the contact details of your references to the following address:
Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation
22 Band Office Road
Dalles, ON P9N 0J2
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.548.2337.