ALL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES REQUIRE PROOF OF TWO COVID-19 VACCINATIONS!
The Youth Wellness Worker is responsible for developing and delivering programs for Youth within the community. The primary responsibilities include working closely with youth and families to build positive working relationships. The Youth Wellness Worker reports to the Senior Prevention Worker.
- Work with youth from ages 8 – 29 years of age.
- Ensuring a monthly calendar with programs are posted on the NAN Prevention page,
- Coordinate and facilitate youth programs including all correspondence, activities, programs. planning, statistical information, and reporting.
- Provide Online support for Youth seeking assistance with personal issues and coordinate referrals to counselling and healing programs
- Coordinate and/or facilitate youth workshops.
- Prepare comprehensive case notes, reports and statistical information within timelines.
- Confidentiality at all times
- One (1) year experience is an asset, a combination of related education, experience and skills.
- Working knowledge of family dynamics, child development, mental health, addictions, crisis intervention, life skills, budget strategies, and family support systems
- Ability to prepare comprehensive case notes, reports and statistical information within timelines.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills as well as punctual, good character, and role model
- Proficient in computer programs including social media platforms.
- Flexibility with working hours. (Evenings)
- Valid driver’s license, access to transportation, Vulnerable Sector Crime check required.
Posted until filled.
Ways to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
Apply Online For This Job
Lastly - you can also send an email directly to:
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé, and the contact details of your references to the following address:
Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation
22 Band Office Road
Dalles, ON P9N 0J2
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.548.2337.