The Business and Partnership Coordinator is responsible for the overall development of training and partnership agreements and opportunities for Niiwin Wendaanimok. The Business and Partnership Coordinator is also responsible for supporting activities, new construction and employment partners and supporting new training partnerships across various construction projects in the region, including the Twinning of Highway 17. The Business and Partnership Coordinator is also required to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. They will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the projects. The Business and Partnership Coordinator reports directly to the General Manager/Training Program Coordinator.
Skills & Qualifications
- Construction Management, Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or other related discipline is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 5 years of project experience working in the construction industry required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to develop reporting tools.
- Previous involvement in local labor and mentoring programs/opportunities.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and following work-plans, budgets, and timetables.
- Management or leadership experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively supervise project staff.
- Knowledge of construction technology and methods
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to collaborate with member communities, businesses, suppliers, employment partners, training delivery organizations and other organizations.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language, culture, traditions, and local communities is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Coordinate the partnerships with trainers and post-secondary programs.
- Coordinate the partnerships with employers.
- Identify new potential business and employment partners.
- Coordinate any training program development/modifications.
- Develop new training opportunities.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
- Meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Review the work progress on daily basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Complete and communicate all required project reports to the Board.
- Communicate regularly with project partners.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the project by the Training Program Coordinator and/or General Manager.
Along with a resume and cover letter, applicants must submit a current copy of their vulnerable sector check and three references. CLOSING DATE IS JUNE 14, 2021 AT 4PM
The salary range for this position is $65,00.00-$80,000.00 depending on qualifications and experience.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered due to COVID-19. We thank all those who have expressed an interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.