Be advised there are 2 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the Kenora and 1 confirmed case in Wabaseemoong. The health, well-being, safety, and security of Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation and its members are critically important. Chief and Council have enforced measures to protect us all.
What does this mean?
- Effective today June 7, 2020 @ 9:00 p.m until Monday, June 15, 2020 the community will be in a Level 2 lockdown with Level 3 restrictions. This will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Community wide curfew is in effect from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Essential shopping day will be Thursday June 11, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and coincide with payroll and Ontario Works. Shoppers can leave the community only once on this day.
- Minors 17 and under are not permitted to leave the community.
- All visitors are asked to vacate the community by Sunday, June 7, @ 6:00 p.m. We all ask who reside in the community to return immediately.
- Essential service workers will be allowed in the community.
- Workers deemed essential who reside in Niisaachewan, but work outside of the community, will still be able to report to work off-reserve.
- Administrative Office will remain open, with a further notice out Monday with new operating hours.
- The fourth round of the Covid-19 emergency assistance is still available for this June. Forward your request [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]
- Checkpoint security will refuse entry to non-residents and increased screening measures will be completed.
- Non-compliance or threatening behaviours towards the checkpoint workers at the gate will result in the authorities being contacted.
Chief and Council along with essential staff will continue to monitor the situation and update communications as they develop.