Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation is currently looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual for the following full-time position of Consultation Coordinator. The Consultation Coordinator will engage with all levels of government and private sectors in relation to land and resource matters on the direction of Chief and Council, Inherent Rights and Jurisdiction, and the guiding principles of MAI.
- Work within the NRF core work plan, budget, and complete program reports.
- Respond to consultation requests based on NAN Internal and External Protocols.
- Strengthen capacity to engage in all Resource based activities and opportunities.
- Build working relationships with the federal, provincial, and local governments.
- Develop and coordinate a Lands and Resources Committee.
- Develop a database of community-based information which will include a written history of NAN, past grievances, and future developments.
- Develop policy, procedures, and training materials to support the implementation of the Community Consultation Protocol.
- Plan and implement community sessions to discuss consultation, opportunities, and educational workshops and forums.
- Works closely with Portfolio holder and Reports to Band Manager.
- Other duties as required.
- College diploma or degree in related field.
- Previous work-related experience as a consultation coordinator is favourable.
- Excellent organization and management skills. Strong knowledge and applied skills with various computer applications.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Able to maintain filing systems and databases
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe Language, Tradition and Culture an asset.
- Ability to travel and must possess a Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence.
- Clear criminal record check required.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the band office.
- You can also send an email directly to [email protected].