- Possesses the minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with working with young children is as asset
- Understanding of Anishinaabe protocols and ability to speak the Ojibway language is a definite asset
- Effective communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Has excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task, work with in a team and along as well
- Valid driver’s G license
- Provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Provide a Drivers Abstract
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Any and all other duties are required or directed by the Supervisor
We are looking for an Early years- Journey Together Assistant. The assistant will be responsible for assisting the Early Years Driver with children 0-3 years of age (4yrs. Old if the child is not yet in school) to and from daycare each day of the week. Transportation will include 2 trips daily, one in the AM and one in the PM. The assistant will also require to transport families & their children who use this service to various programming offered at by the Early Years – Journey Together Program.
- Assist in the transportation of community children to and from daycare centers.
- Assist Niigaanning Bimaadiziiwin Community Staff to locate and connect with families.
- Assist Niigaanning Bimaadiziiwin Community Staff to connect with community program & workers.
- Inform Niigaanning Bimaadiziiwin Community Staff in planning and organizing community meeting, activities and events such as Annual Community Wellness Day in the community.
- Adhere to professional standards as a NAN Band Administration Policy.
- From time to time, assist Early Years workers with programming and activities.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the band office.
- You can also send an email directly to [email protected].