We are looking for a Jordan’s Principle Van Driver. The driver will be responsible for transporting students in from JK – Gr.12 who have Exceptional Needs to and from school, each day of the week. Transportation will include 2 trips daily, one in the AM and one in the PM and payment is as per trip. The driver may also be required to transport the student(s) and the caregiver(s) to appointments related to education, JP programming, and other identified and approved functions.
- Possesses the minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Job related experience preferred
- Understanding of Anishinaabe protocols & ability to speak the Ojibway language are definite assets
- Possesses excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand & maintain a calm composure while transporting students with Exceptional Needs is a definite requirement
- Possesses a valid Class ‘G’ driving license
- Provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check & a clean Driving Abstract
- Have First Aid/CPR Certification
- Plan and implement a daily driving schedule to accommodate all drop-offs route TBD
- Assist families by providing secure, safe trips. You will be hauling precious cargo.
- Responsible for van maintenance: gas fills, oil checks, clean van, monitor mileage.
- Promote quality punctual service.
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by NAN Band Administration Policy.
Please submit resume, Vulnerable Sector Check, Driving Abstract, and 3 references to the Front Desk Clerk or email to [email protected]
Position is open until filled.