Effective today June 16, 2020 @ 7:00 a.m. The community will be in a Level 1 with Level 2 restrictions. This will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
What does this mean?
- Essential shopping day will be Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. with only one trip per day. This will be monitored!
- Community wide curfew is in effect from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Children are allowed to leave the community at the Parent’s discretion. We do ask that you wear masks and follow all proper procedures while you’re in town.
- Essential service workers will be allowed in the community.
- Workers deemed essential who reside in Niisaachewan, but work outside of the community, will still be able to report to work off-reserve.
- Administrative Office will remain open, with limited staff and modified hours.
Checkpoint security will refuse entry to non-residents and increased screening measures will be completed. Non-compliance or threatening behaviours towards the checkpoint workers at the gate will result in the authorities being contacted.
Chief and Council along with essential staff will continue to monitor the situation and update communications as they develop.