PARTIAL LOCKDOWN LIFTED – Effective today, the partial lockdown is officially lifted.
Chief and Council issued a media release earlier today. The 3 COVID-19 cases have been resolved. The public health team visited the family and then met with the pandemic team.
TESTING UPDATE: 54 COVID-19 tests were conducted. All have returned as negative!
SELF-ISOLATION: We have a few individuals still in self-isolation for a couple of more days as advised by public health. If you’re in isolation, you are permitted to go into your yard for fresh air, exercise, etc. Please refrain from contact with anyone outside of your home.
STUDENTS & DAYCARE CHILDREN: Bussing resumes Wednesday, December 9.
CHECKPOINT: The gate will be open from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm daily. Only community members doing shift work in town or for medical emergencies will be allowed to leave after 11:00 pm.
Non-compliance or threatening behavior towards the checkpoint workers will result in the authorities being contacted.
OUT OF TOWN MEDICALS: Band and community members that must attend medical appointments out of the region, must self-isolate for 14-days upon return to the community. Please limit the number of individuals travelling to the appointment when possible.
VISITORS: Any visitors are required to get prior approval from Chief or a Council Member or the Pandemic Coordinator. Visitors are to visit only one household and not to go around the community.
BAND OFFICE: The Band Office remains open Monday to Friday with the following restrictions:
- Only staff (that didn’t receive notice to self-isolate)
- Only primary care workers
- Only clients in for their primary care appointments (just in and out – no visiting) In-person programming remains cancelled (ie. workshops and events). Should community members require appointments, they are to phone the office and arrange a time. Pre-screening will be completed before entering the office. Masks are mandatory. Anyone refusing pre-screening or to wear a mask while in the office will be asked to leave.
MOVING TO THE COMMUNITY: If you are a band member living outside of the region and planning to return home, you will be expected to self-isolate for up to 14 days upon your return to the community.
For anyone moving to the community from within the northwestern Ontario region, you may be asked to get tested for COVID-19 prior to moving in.
Please be mindful that this pandemic is not over. Please stay diligent, safe, and look out for one another. Wear your mask when out in public, wash your hands frequently and follow public health measures. Together, we will get through this.
For any other inquiries, Chief and Council can be reached at:
- Lorraine Cobiness 807-548-8924 or (807) 466-8208 text
- Reno Cameron (807) 464-0950
- Fabian Blackhawk (807) 464-4137
- Bernice Major (807) 407-5686
- Martina Strong (807) 548-1134
Additional staff on Pandemic Planning Team