Change is a Choice Program is a Substance Use Program by Probation and Parole and will delivered at the Kenora Emergency Shelter commencing on January 19th, 2023, once a week for 5 sessions. Certificate is given if 5 sessions are completed.
Registration is required and information on how to register is attached.
- General info regarding substance use
- Harm Reduction
- How to cope with cravings and triggers
- Connection between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- HALT (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired)
- Identifying High Risk Situations
- Impacts on Lives
- Treatment Options
- Naloxone Training
This is capped at 12 Participants. Referrals must be made – no drop-ins allowed. Referrals can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (just send an email with your interest and contact info). Masks will be provided.