Effective June 29, 2020 the community will be at Level 1. This will continue to be reviewed on a weekly basis.
What does this mean?
- Gate will be open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Children are allowed to leave the community at their parent’s discretion. We do ask that you wear masks, follow all proper health & safety procedures while you’re in town, and keep a detailed listing of places you’ve visited.
- Essential service workers will be allowed in the community.
- Band Members are welcome to visit family. Please remember to stay within your “bubble” in your family grouping as recommended.
- Checkpoint Security will refuse entry to non-residents and increasing screening measures will be completed in order to increase capacity for potential contact tracing.
- Checkpoint Security have been given the AUTHORITY to SCREEN, SEARCH, ALLOW, or DENY admittance to community at any time.
- Non-compliance or threatening behaviour towards personnel at the gate will result in the authorities being contact.
- Administrative Office is open from Monday to Friday 9am – 3pm.
Chief and Council along with essential staff will continue to monitor the situation and update communications to the website as they develop. Please note that all Headspeople have been provided with updated information to share with their respective families.
Any other enquiries – Chief and Council can be reached via email, cell, home, or at the office.
Miigwetch, and stay safe!