Boozhoo, owaa chigan’domoowat kinaawiye, Birchwood Terrace gaazhinkaatag, zhoo’biii’igan, chi kaanaadomowat kinaawii’wiye. Kenora Chiefs Advisory gaashinkaatag, gaabawiibimitowag, mii’iwe gaaniigon’shkung. Giishpin noondaa gwaadaa’igo, bizaanigo zhigigadon.
The Ministry of Long-Term Care (MLTC) is reviewing a licence transfer request from CVH (No. 2) LP by its general partners, Southbridge Health Care GP Inc. and Southbridge Care Homes (the Licensee)” to transfer the licence of Birchwood Terrace (the “Home”), a 96-bed, structurally classified as “C” long-term care (LTC) home, located at 237 Lakeview Drive in Kenora, Ontario to Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care a new non-profit organization created by Kenora Chiefs Advisory.
The request involves:
- the transfer of the licence for the Home from the Licensee to Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care (WESC) (the“Proposed Purchaser”).
The MLTC is also reviewing a proposal from WESC (the “Proposed Purchaser”) for issuing a new long-term care (LTC) home licence for WESC. The proposal includes:
- The development of 160 LTC beds that include the Home’s 96 beds and an additional 64-beds allocated by the MLTC, subject to project approval and meeting all licensing requirements under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 (LTCHA); and
- The issuance of a new licence for 160- beds with a term of up to 30 years following the development of the replacement home in a new location in Wauzhushk Onigum Nation (Rat Portage) adjacent to Kenora, Ontario.
In accordance with section 106 of the LTCHA, public opinion is being sought prior to a final decision being made relating to this proposal. If you have comments or opinions and would like to bring them to the attention of the MLTC, you may:
Submit them in writing/orally on or before March 25, 2021 by:
- attending a teleconference public meeting to be held on March 11, 2021 at 10:00 am CST. The toll-free-dial-in phone number is 1-855-340-1607. When prompted, please key in the participant passcode 8437775; or by
- sending an email to [email protected]; or by
- sending mail to:
Director under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007
Ministry of Long-Term Care
Capital Planning Branch
1075 Bay Street, 11th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5S 2B1
Details regarding the consultation will be posted on the Long-Term Care Consultation Registry located at ontario.ca/page/ontarios-long-term-care-licensing-public-consultation-registry on February 11, 2021.
Please include the name of the LTC Home and quote Project 21-014 on all written submissions. Anishinaabemowin translation will be available on the teleconference public meeting. As part of the MLTC’s review, the Director will consider all written submissions before making a final decision relating to the proposal.